Getting the seasoning just right in the dishes you cook.
- Seasoning can dramatically enhance the flavour of a dish. To make sure you get it just right with perfectly seasoned dishes time after time, choose Cole & Mason mills for lasting results and a lifetime mechanism guarantee.
- When grinding salt and pepper, grinding in a clockwise direction maximises the efficiency of the mill.
- Some dishes will require fine grounds, others demand coarse grounds. The spring-loaded Precision mechanisms are fully adjustable so you can easily change them for fine or coarse grounds to suit your dish.
- For the more delicate savoury dishes, select a fine grind; but to add a more intense flavour to steaks, fish or pasta, a coarser grind is essential. Avoid hot chunks of peppercorns by using Cole & Mason mills, which slice through peppercorns to inject a subtle warmth into the dish.
- When adjusting the mechanism, always turn the mill upside down and shake to remove previous grounds before you refill.
- Just before serving, add the finishing touch with a twist of coarse sea salt and peppercorns, guaranteed to fully enhance your flavour experience.
- Over seasoning can lead to culinary disasters. Always season in small quantities and taste as you go along, you can always add more but you can’t take it away! Almost every recipe contains the words ‘season to taste’ – Cole & Mason’s Precision mills give greater control over seasoning.
- After use, shake the mill to remove excess grounds, that way the seasoning will always be fresh from the mill.
- Store salt and pepper in a cool dry place and avoid using the mill over steam.
- For the more discerning palate, experiment with different flavours of salt and pepper – try Cole & Mason’s salt and pepper blends to add a wonderful zing to your meals.
Come in to our cookshop and we’ll tell you why we think these salt and pepper mills are so good.