170g plain flour
150g self raising flour
325g sultanas or mixed fruit
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and margarine
- Sieve 1⁄4 of the flour in to the mix, then add one egg and mix
- Repeat this process until all the flour and eggs are in the bowl
- Add all the fruit and mix till evenly distributed about the mix
- Pour the mix into a greased and lined 9inch tin, then bake for approx 1hour at gas mark 6 or 200°C
This cake will be light in colour and full of fruit, best enjoyed with a cup of tea and a good book.
Another dish that doesn’t require a lot of preparation, and will soon become a family favourite.