4 large Potatoes
2 slices of bacon
200g grated cheese
- Bake the potatoes in a hot oven, approx 170c for 40 mins or till soft
- While they are cooking prepare the other ingredients;
finely dice the onion,
chop the bacon, and
grate the cheese
- Cook the onion and bacon in a frying pan and leave to cool
- When the jackets are cooked, leave them to cool for 10 mins, so you can handle them.
- Cut the potato in half, and scoop out the middle in to a large bowl, trying not to go through the skin. Add the onion and bacon, with half the cheese and mix well, adjust the seasoning to taste then spoon the mix back into the potato skins and when they are all full, top with the remaining cheese and bake again till the top is golden brown – about 10-15 mins.
Why not add a few herbs to mix, or a bit of left over chicken, serve in a bowl with mixed salad