800g self raising flour
275g baking margarine
1 tsp baking powder
- Place the sugar, flour, baking powder and margarine in a bowl and mix together until they look like fine breadcrumbs
- Add the sultanas, the eggs one at a time and the milk
- If the mix feels too wet, add a little more flour
- Tip the mix onto the worktop, and flatten with your hands till about 3cm thick, then using a cutter, cut as many scones as possible, reusing any mix , until it is all used
- Place the scones on a baking tray and brush lightly with a little milk,
Bake at 220ºC / Gas Mark 7 for approx 25 mins
Enjoy on their own, or with jam and fresh cream, or just simply cut in half and buttered
This is a great dish to make with the children during the holidays, they can help and get a bit messy, with every process of the recipe.
And if you want to compare your creation to Harveys original recipe, there are always scones available in the restaurant.