Privilege Card – Terms and Conditions
- The Harveys Privilege Card scheme is operated by, and is the property of E.T. Harvey Ltd.
Customers are invited to become cardholders by registering their details with the Company.
- Privilege Points can be collected and spent on purchases made in store. The number of
points collected per £1 spent may vary. Check in-store or online for more information
- Harveys Privilege cardholders will be invited to exclusive in-store events, gain Privilege
Points, savings, benefits, and be among the first to hear about what’s new!
- The accumulated Privilege points are recorded on the card itself, so the cardholder must
present the Privilege Card when making a purchase. Cardholders may request a balance of
how many points they have accumulated from any till in store.
- The high environmental and financial costs of stationary and postage means communication will normally be electronic, through e-mail, Facebook, Twitter and of course our knowledgeable staff.
- Harveys will NOT bombard you with excessive information, which can be annoying, and will
NOT share your details with other companies.
- Harveys reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the Privilege Card and add or exclude certain products, services, or terminate it without prior notice.
- Safe keeping of the Privilege card and the points held on it are the responsibility of the Cardholder. Only the Cardholder may obtain Privilege points from transactions made in-store.
- Should there be any reason for suspecting abuse of the Privilege card terms and conditions. Harveys retains the right to de-activate any Privilege card without notice. Any remaining
Privilege points would then be lost and void.
- The Privilege card does not accumulate points on the purchase of gift vouchers, stamps,
certain concessions or in the restaurant. Points are not exchangeable for cash.
- In the event of no activity on your Privilege card account for a 24 month period, Harveys
reserve the right to close the account and all accumulated points will be lost.
- Cardholders need to have a minimum balance of 500 Privilege Points in order to redeem
against any in-store purchases. Merchandise chosen to redeem against must have a
minimum value of £5.
- Returning purchases – You will need to present your Privilege card if goods are returned on
which you obtained Privilege points. Any points previously obtained from the goods being
returned will be deducted from your Privilege points balance.
- Should you have already redeemed the Privilege points obtained from the goods being
returned then you will be required to pay the outstanding amount back to the company
before any relevant refund is issued.
- By providing us with your email address and telephone number, you give consent to Harveys contact you via your email address or telephone number.